יום שלישי, 17 בנובמבר 2009

Filling in the Missing Gaps

In this post I will describe how my visit to the states in October 2009 helped me find out more information about my ancestors.



ברשומה הזאת אני אתאר איך גיליתי עוד מידע על המשפחה שלי.



While staying at my sister's house we visited a neighbor of hers who is very knowledgable about the Chasidic dynasties and the Modzitz dynasty in particular. I will call him Mr. N.


I didn't know how some of the relatives, names I heard while growing up, were connected to our family. Mr. N. gave me information that helped clear that up.


1. My grandfather Isaac Zvi Taub had a daughter Malka, who died in Poland. We knew nothing about her. Through Mr. N. we found out that Malka was married to Shimon Elkis and they had a son Israel. All three of them died in Warsaw. My mother told us that Malka died by being hit by a trolly. She never said anything about Malka being married and I don't know how her husband and son died. Mr. N. knew about them from a book that had their names written in it.
This is the only picture we have of Malka. Her name is written on the back of the picture.

2. Rabbi Israel Taub had a son Yaakov David (who was my grandfather Yitzchak Zvi's brother).
He had a son Shmuel Eliyahu Taub. His first wife was killed along with his children (he had many children but I don't know the exact number). He married again to Molly Fastag. They
never had children. He was also called Shmilelelondener (that's how it sounded when it was said fast by my parents) I found out that this was because he went to London, and there were so many Shmuel Eliyahu's in the family that they distinguished him by say Shmuel Eliyahu from London. Molly was at our house practically every Shabbat. She liked to play card games with us. When she wasn't at our house on Shabbat, she would call after Shabbat in order to hear the Havdala
I remember being invited to her house on Quentin Road on Chanuka. The Fastags were also invited.
3. Yechezkel Wyzkowsy was both mine and my sister's history teacher in high school. His mother, Malka, was Shaul Yedidya Taub's daughter. Shaul Yedidya is Israel Taub's son and Yitzchak Zvi's (my grandfather) brother.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה