יום חמישי, 7 במאי 2009

Sacolick, Irene (Taub) 1914 - 1974




Irene (Itke) was born in Warsaw, Poland in 1914 to Isaac Tzvi Taub The Rabbi of Modzitz and Miriam Rotenberg. She married Leon Sacolick and had 5 children. This post describes the process of finding my mother's roots up till the Maharam meRotenberg in the 13th century.



אירין (איטקה) נולדה בורשה, פולין בשנה 1914 ליצחק צבי טאוב הרבי ממודזיץ ו מרים רוטנברג. היא התחתנה עם ליאון (יהודה דב) סוקוליק ונולדו להם 5 ילדים. המאמר הזה מתאר התהליך שעברתי במציאת השורשים של אמא שלי שמגיעים עד למהר"ם מרוטנבורג באלף שלוש מאות



I am Chanie Zilbertzan (Sacolick). My mother, Irene, passed away when I was young (17). I have always wanted to search for my roots and to know exactly how the family my mother and father used to mention were related. I tried a few times without much success. My opportunity came when I was offered by the head of the library where I work, to participate in a geneology course. Of course I jumped at the chance. The course gave me the tools I needed and the knowledge to search for my family's roots. I had very little information about my mother except a newspaper article (obituary) in Yiddish about the death of my grandmother Miriam Rotenberg's sister Hene Rochel in 1957. The article mentions her husband Menahem Ben-Zion Halberstam (the Tzanzer Rebbe). It also mentions her father Avraham Chaim Rotenberg, her children and her sister Itke (Irene) who married the Modzitzer Rebbe. It also says that Avraham Chaim Rotenberg was the nephew of Chiddush Harim and a descendent of the Maharam MeRotenberg. I looked up "Chiddush Harim" in google and discovered that his name was Yitzchak Meir Alter. His father was Israel Rotenberg and Yizchak Meir changed his name to escape the authorities in Poland. I concluded that Yizchak Meir had a brother or sister who was the father of Avraham Chaim Rotenberg (my mother's grandfather). but I didn't know who that was. I googled "Israel Rotenberg" and one of the results was a geneology site with the names of people who were also searching for their ancesters. I contacted someone who researched the Rotenberg family, and received a reply. He said he knew who the brothers of Yizchak Meir were. There names were Yaakov Yossef, Moshe Chayim, Aharon Eliyahu, and Moshe Yerucham. He, himself, is a descendent of Yaakov Yosef. He also told me that I am also a descendent of the same Yaakov Yosef, and that he knows this from the cover of a book that Avraham Chaim wrote and Menahem Ben-Zion Halberstam published. To my surprise and delight he also said that he knows my family history up till the Maharam MeRotenberg's father (the 13th century). He merged my family tree with his and I was able to see my family tree till the year 1215! I was amazed. . I also found another tree through Jewish Gen. I contacted the person managing this family tree and he turned out that his grandfather and my grandmother were brother and sister. We are both aquainted with the same relatives, but we didn't know of each others existance till now. I had a really nice conversation with him. He gave me information that I was looking for about cousins that I had lost touch with and now I can contact them also. I hope I can meet the cousins I lost contact with and the cousins I just discovered.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה